How to reissue SSL Certificate
You may need to reissue your SSL certificate for reasons, such as:
- A change to your CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- The loss of a private key
- Changing your SSL certificate from SHA1 to SHA2
For a certificate to be reissued, the approver email must approve the reissue. Approval can only be done via the approver email, and not by any other method. Approver email is listed as "Validation Email" is the same in which you had received the Certificate bundle from the Certificate Authority
Where to go
When requesting a reissue, the same contacts and domain name associated with the original SSL Certificate must be used for the new SSL Certificate. To get a reissue on an SSL Certificate, go to the SSL certificate provider's site:
- GeoTrust: https://products.geotrust.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
- Symantec: https://products.websecurity.symantec.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
- thawte: https://products.thawte.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
- Trustwave: https://ssl.trustwave.com/controlcenter/login.php
For others you can contact us and we help you. Please remember reissue SSL Certificate may take upto 3 to 7 Days depending upon the various reasons not under our control.
What you need
In order to get your SSL certificate reissued for all suppliers make sure you have the following information ready:
- Fully qualified domain name or common name - This correspond to the names you see in the OpenSRS Reseller Control Panel under the Trust section.
- Email address - This can be either the Administrator or the Technical email address listed for the certificate in the Reseller Control Panel.
- Order ID – the Order ID mentioned in your E mail from us.
- For Trustwave: - Username and password
- The Admin contact email address you used to set up your SSL certificate
How to get your SSL certificate reissued. To log in: with the above URLS
- Enter the fully qualified domain name name OR order ID
- Enter either the administrator or the technical email addresses you used on your order. Whichever email address you enter here will be the one to receive the link to access the portal.
- In the Image number field, enter the number in the box below
Click REQUEST ACCESS/ PASSWORD/ USERNAME; this will prompt the system to send you an email with a link to access the portal.
Check your email and click on the login url. You will see the following control panel.
Click the Reissue Certificate link in the top left menu. Make a note of the Domain Approver email because the domain approver has to approve the email before the cert can be reissued
When the information is submitted, an approval email will be sent to the Domain Approver email address. Once approval completed the certificate will be sent to the Tech Contact email address.